This blog as moved to: http://nerditorium.danielauger.com/

Reactions to the Legacy Programmer Boss

There have been a couple blog responses to my “Legacy Programmer Boss” post. The first was by Krishna Kumar and the second was by Mike Marshall. Both bloggers really ran with the idea and came up with some very thoughtful and constructive posts. I’m very happy that neither of them reacted to the term as if I meant it in a pejorative way. Although I was a bit miffed at Joel, I didn’t mean it to be a pejorative. A person’s focus and expertise shift as they advance in their career. That being the case, it’s up to each and everyone of us to use our brain when assimilating advice from our peers and superiors. We are all responsible for thinking critically about any advice we take, no matter who it is from.

0 comments:

Post a Comment