This blog as moved to: http://nerditorium.danielauger.com/

Moving On

Yesterday was a tough day. I resigned from my position of seven years as a Developer / Analyst for the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State.

Over the past couple of months, the development group has gone through several reorganizations. Yesterday another reorganization happened, including a substantial software platform shift. I did not feel this shift was good for my career, nor was it something I wanted to participate in. Additionally, I think the days of in-house software development for government agencies are coming to an end at light speed. Therefore, with heavy heart, I felt it was time for me to go. Up until recently, it was the most enjoyable job of my career. I wish my former coworkers the best of luck, and I look forward to hearing their war stories as time goes on.

1 comments:

Curt said...

Hello Dan. I heard the news a few weeks ago and even feel sadness about the team breakup and the change in direction. I commend you for taking action. It is truly a shame to dismantle a well-running machine in the name of office politics and other influences. Best of luck and I hope we see eachother again very soon.